The Mother of This Disabled Woman has been found.
Authorities are asking for the public’s help to identify a young woman who mysteriously appeared at a bar in Caryville, TN on June 28, 2012.
The woman, who appears to be between 15 and 21, showed up at the Big Orange Bar, 184 John McGhee Boulevard, around 10:30 p.m. Investigators believe someone dropped her off there. Chief of Police Johnny Jones advises that a person in a local restaurant believes this woman was seen with an older woman about an hour before she appeared at The Big Orange Bar in Caryville, Tennessee, around 10:30pm on the night of the 28th.
The Chief of Police told us they are looking for a Green Chevrolet Blazer, and that they are working to enhance the video.
She was alone, had no ID and carried no purse, bags or other belongings.
Police say the woman did not appear to be injured, but she seems to be “severely limited mentally” and they believe she’s autistic. She hasn’t been able to communicate her name or any other personal information to investigators.
The woman is safe and healthy, according to police.
“We are a small town and generally people know each other, just through passing. This female here, no one we’ve talked to knew of her,” said Assistant Police Chief Stephanie Smith.
The Caryville Police Department has provided the following information to MPN about the young woman
- She is in good physical health, and is presently in the care of social services. She had clearly been cared for prior to arriving at the bar.
- The unidentified woman can speak with significant limitations. Law Enforcement believes she is possibly choosing not to disclose information, but that is uncertain at this time.
- When asked her age, she has said “16”, later “17” and then “18” years old. A bone scan has indicated she is between 15 and 21 years old.
- When asked by officials where she is from, she answered, “Illinois, Texas, and Tennessee” on different occasions.
- When asked who her father is/was, she responded, “God the father.”
- A physical exam by health care personnel found an abdominal scar from what looked to be from a Caesarean section.
Police officials asked her, “Did you have a baby? Where’s the baby?”
“The baby is dead”, she responded. “God the father killed the baby. The baby is with God the father.”
Assistant Chief of Police Stephanie Smith told MPN, “Everything is God the father. Who’s your mother? God the father’. Her preacher, mother, father, sister, brother – everything is God the father. She has a very limited vocabulary – maybe 30 or 40 words.”
If you have any information on the woman’s identity, call the Caryville Police Department at 423-562-9478 or 423-562-8095 or call your local law enforcement agency.